Donate & Support Longhorn Aquatics Athletes
Community support for the Longhorn Aquatics program is an important part of sustaining our efforts to impact young athletes and their training for success. Thanks to the generosity of donors like you, Longhorn Aquatics plans to continue expanding training equipment, development of coaches and initiatives for present and future achievement!
We are excited to launch our second annual Swim-A-Thon because it’s going to be bigger and better! We have made a few great changes from last year and have even better prizes including: Beats headphones, a YEAR of Schlotzsky’s, Menchie’s froyo gift certificates, and private sessions with BEST and Max Training!
A Swim-A-Thon is a fundraising program run by USA Swimming that supports the USA Swimming Foundation and Longhorn Aquatics. Swimmers will get pledges per length from family, friends, or corporations to swim as many lengths in 2 hours as they can (max. 200). Parents are welcome to participate too!
- October 12-2pm at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center
- Swim-A-Thon awards party and team dinner
- 100% of the donations are tax deductible
- Donations made in person with cash or check- give them a receipt provided in your packet
- Donate online! Make sure the swimmer being sponsored is denoted in the text box.
- PARENTS- Many companies match their employees’ donations. Don’t forget to participate in your company’s matching program or remind your sponsors.
- Two ways for people to donate-
- Pledge per lap. Then you will need to go back to them after the Swim-A-Thon and get payment.
- Flat donation amount no matter how many laps you swim.
- All packets and pledges/donations due November 8th.
- The best dressed group wins an ice cream party for later in the year, so get your aquatic-proof costumes ready!
- The group with the highest fundraising participation percentage wins a pizza party.
- Prizes for the top 20 each top fundraising swimmer (awarded at team party)
- We will have pizza, cookie cake and drinks!
- A DJ will keep you entertained and motivated as you swim.
- Each swimmer that raises $25receives a Longhorn Swim-A-Thon Finisher Tee!
The funds raised go to help support the USA Swimming Foundation which provides funding to club development, Make A Splash, and many other USA Swimming efforts, as well as Longhorn Aquatics. We will used the funds raised to purchase training aids for our athletes such as the more of the new back stroke wedges, advanced training technology and additional dryland equipment.
Online donations may be much easier for some. Below is a link to our donation page. Please be sure the donor puts the swimmer’s name in the “Special instructions” text box so the donation is credited to their donation goal. We will email you within a week of receiving the donation to confirmation that the donation has been received. That is when you may enter it on your packet. https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/utgiving/online/nlogon/?menu=TQ
Financial donations support Longhorn Aquatics initiatives and assist the program in maintaining a culture of excellence.
Your child’s coach(es) have compiled a list of items that will help maximize the athletic potential of our swimmers and divers:
Swim Training Equipment Hopes
- Drag Chutes $26.95/ea
- StretchCordz (12) $360 total
- StretchCordz Long Belts $62.95/ea
- TheraBands $13.95/ea
- MedBalls $60/ea
- TRX Suspension Trainers $150-$200/ea
- PVC and buckets $200 total
- Championship Productions: Instructional DVDs $40-$200
Pflugerville Equipment Hopes
- TheraBands $13.95/ea
- Box Jumps/Plyo boxes $300
- MedBalls $60/ea
Dive Training Equipment Hopes
- Black Foam Rollers (4) $100 total
- Elastic Bands $140 total
- Plyo Boxes/Mats $700 total
- iPad for video replay $600
- Software for diving laptop to review film $300-$2000
- Spotting Banners $300
- Deck platform $250
A financial donation of any amount can be made specifically to any of these items. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
Any donation large or small helps! Giving matters! Hook ‘em!