Welcome to Longhorn Aquatics! Our pool is home to hundreds of Olympic Trials Qualifiers, over 70 Olympians, and some of the best coaches in the world. At Texas, what starts here changes the world, and becoming a member of Longhorn Aquatics is larger than joining a swimming or diving team; you are becoming a part of a Texas swimming and diving legacy that is like none other.
Longhorn Aquatics is here to provide well-rounded, competitive programs for all of our swimmers and divers while instilling life-long health and well-being.
Become a Member/Schedule a Tryout
- To become a member of Longhorn Aquatics, prospective members must attend a tryout session. There are minimum qualifications to becoming a member of our program. Please be sure to look at each program’s descriptions to ensure the skill qualifications will be met before scheduling a tryout.
- Contact the appropriate coach to schedule a time for your tryout.
- Submit to the front desk of the Texas Swimming Center the necessary Tryout Form when you arrive for your tryout (also available at the front desk). The front desk will then assist you in getting you to your coach.
- Swimmers will demonstrate to the best of their ability the four competitive swimming strokes and turns for each stroke (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly). Similar, yet appropriate, requirements will be in place for divers and water polo players.
- The coach conducting the tryout will meet with parents and athletes to discuss group options, schedules, fees, and answer any questions.
- Once the athlete’s skills are approved by the coach, you will be allowed to register. Make sure to submit the completed tryout form and other required documents on your first day of practice.
** All you will need for your tryout is a swimming suit, towel, goggles (swimmers only), and your tryout form. Only when trying out are parents allowed on deck. After your child’s first tryout, parent will only be allowed to observe from the grandstands.
- After the try-out process, parents should register their athlete online and pay the required registration fees.
- To become a member of Longhorn Aquatics, please register online for the group you are joining. Registration links are available on this website under the “register” tab. Also, please be sure you have read and fully understand the Team Handbook.
- Required documents can be dropped off at the Texas Swimming Center or emailed to TXLAMembership.