Welcome to Longhorn Aquatics! Our pool is home to hundreds of Olympic Trials Qualifiers, over 70 Olympians, and some of the best coaches in the world. At Texas, what starts here changes the world, and becoming a member of Longhorn Aquatics is larger than joining a swimming or diving team; you are becoming a part of a Texas swimming and diving legacy that is like none other.
Longhorn Aquatics is here to provide well-rounded, competitive programs for all of our swimmers and divers while instilling life-long health and well-being.
Become a Member-Schedule a Tryout
- To become a member of Longhorn Aquatics, prospective members must attend a tryout session. There are minimum qualifications to becoming a member of our program. Please be sure to look at each group’s descriptions to ensure your skill qualifications will be met before scheduling a tryout.
- Contact the appropriate coach to schedule a time for your tryout. Generally tryouts are held during regular practice times. (Each athlete is allowed one free tryout per sport).
- Submit to the front desk of the Texas Swimming Center the necessary tryout form when you arrive for your tryout (also available at the front desk). The front desk will then help assist and give instructions for your first tryout.
- Swimmers will demonstrate to the best of their ability the four competitive swimming strokes and turns for each stroke (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly). Similar, yet appropriate, requirements will be in place for divers and water polo players.
- The coach conducting the tryout will meet with parents and athletes to discuss group options, schedules, fees, and answer any questions.
- Once the athlete’s skills are approved by the coach, you will be allowed to register. Make sure to submit the completed tryout form and other required documents on your first day of practice. The forms you need are listed below.
** All you will need for your tryout is a swimming suit, towel, goggles, and your tryout form. Only when trying out are parents allowed on deck. After your child’s first tryout, we cannot allow parents on deck.
- After the try-out process, parents should register their athlete online and pay the required registration fees.
- To become a member of Longhorn Aquatics, please register online for the group you are joining. Registration links are available on this website under the “Forms” tab. Also, please be sure you have read and fully understand the Team Handbook. (To view PDF documents, download the most recent version of Adobe Reader.)
- Required documents can be dropped off at the Texas Swimming Center or faxed to 512-471-0598. You will receive an email confirmation when your registration has been processed.